Are you a crafty Pet lover? Does your Pet need a new bed? Thanks to diystyle.net you can try your hand at this nifty project, and DIY a new bed into your home!
- 1 yard of a 45” print fabric for the bed
- 5/8 yard of polar fleece for pillow
- Matching thread
- ½ yard VELCRO® brand sew-on fastener
- 18” square pillow or pillow form
Cut print fabric into two 18” x 45” pieces, and cut fleece into a single 19” x 50” piece.
- To sew the Bed, place the print fabric’s short ends, right sides together and stitch to form one long piece.
- Turn under 1″ hems on each end, press, then stitch.
- Stitch long seam, right sides together, leaving an opening in the center, about 8″ long for stuffing.
- Stitch each end closed, then apply VELCRO® tape, stitching along each edge of fastener to secure.
- Stuff tube with poly-fill. Stitch opening closed to complete the Bed.
- To sew the Pillow, turn under 4″ on each short end of fleece, making a hem,
zig-zag over the edge to secure.
- Lap fabric piece over pillow form. Pin in place, slip out pillow form.
- Stitch 1/2″ seams, taking care to not shift the hemmed edges.
- Slip pillow form inside.
And there you have it! A new bed your Pet will love. Share your pics with us on Facebook @thehannahsociety!
To see the original pattern visit: http://diystyle.net/projects/home-decorating/dog-bed/