Shelter dogs and cats meet their new forever families: 10 heartwarming stories of homeless pets finding new homes
Each November we celebrate Animal Shelter Appreciation Week, honoring the work they do to provide care and find new homes for homeless pets. At Hannah, we love working with local shelters to find families for their pets, and in recognition of their efforts we’ve donated more than $1.5 million so far to the shelter groups we partner with. We also offer medical care when it’s needed to make a homeless dog or cat a little easier to adopt.
Hannah partners with multiple animal shelters, and we love to match rescue dogs and cats with forever homes. A great thing about adopting through Hannah is that all of your food, behavioral training and vet bills are covered. Stop by one of our locations to be matched with a pet and save one from a shelter!
Here are 10 photos of previously homeless pets who found their way to forever homes through Hannah the Pet Society.
1. Koda came to Hannah from a pet shelter and is ready to go home to her new family with all care covered under her Hannah plan.
2. Peeve, who came from a shelter, found not only a forever home but also a new best friend, Daisy Mae, through Hannah the Pet Society.
3. Poe was a rescue who is now living the life as a Hannah dog.
4. Bree, a shelter dog, just before going to her new home.
5. Jack Jack came to Hannah while recovering from a badly broken bone and needed someone to snuggle with. He found his new home with a Hannah pet parent.
6. Hannah the Pet Society also matches those who want to adopt pets with cats! Katrina the kitty was ready to go home.
7. The truth about cats and dogs is that sometimes they get along just fine. Take Baisley and Jeremiah, both from animal shelters, for example.
8. Tommy found the perfect family through Hannah the Pet Society.
9. Tessa was so excited to go for a walk with her new pet parents after leaving the shelter to find a new home.
10. Brady had a big smile as he prepared to meet his new family.
Are you looking for the right dog, cat, rabbit or guinea pig to join your family? Call us at 360-816-8000 and we’ll help you find your match!
Want to do some good but aren’t looking for a new pet? Check out our sister organization, a nonprofit that helps those in need in Oregon, called Hannah’s Helping Hands.